IT Field Support Engineer
We are looking for a IT / Telephony engineer with proven experience providing both on-premise and remote support and holding a Full UK Driving License to be based in Winchester, with the ability to travel within the UK where necessary. We are a leading IT / Telephony provider delivering world class hosted IT and telecoms solutions as a one-stop shop for companies of all sizes, tailoring our services to our customer’s needs.
The company is currently expanding and looking for an enthusiastic individual to join us as a Field Support Engineer.
The appropriate candidate will need to be able to deal with between 1-25 users per site, across multiple sites in the property management / shopping centre sector. Skill set should include server experience remotely and onsite with installations, migrations and remote updates, networking and AD (Legacy PBX experience would be a bonus). Also the ability to multitask and being able to take a non-technical, common sense approach to IT from the users perspective is a must. We offer a refreshing approach to customer service and you will need to embrace this, with training to be able to build a good friendly relationship with our customers.
A personality is a must as you will need to interact / communicate well with the customers employees as well as the service desk back at the office, both on the phone and face to face. You will also need to be able to work under pressure and to help build relationships with our clients, both existing and new.
Experience with being able to Audit a customer’s site for IT and Telecoms would be favourable along with the ability to also write up reports, however training in this area will be provided. The drive to want to do this task is important to us and our clients.
Field Engineer –
- Project / Installation experience (Site visits, compiling and writing site reports)
- A good understanding of Windows Microsoft technologies including:
- Server Technologies (2008/2012/2016)
- Active Directory, Group Policy
- Exchange (2010/2013/2016)
- Windows 10, 8, 7, XP.
- Microsoft Office 365
- PC / Server Hardware,
- Virtualisation – VMware, Citrix, HyperV
- Remote Desktop Technologies / Terminal Services / VPN’s
- Connectivity – experience with configuring – DSL, FTTC, Fibre Leased line circuits at customer sites.
- Infrastructure – cabling technologies/formats including both fibre and copper infrastructure
- Network Troubleshooting, including a good understanding of DNS, DHCP, and the various protocols.
- Cisco Skills CCNA (Configuring Cisco devices Switches and Routers)
- Firewalls and Routers (Configuring & Troubleshooting)
- Wireless Networks and Various topologies Infrastructure, both internal and external.
- Storage Technologies NAS / Network File Sharing * Backup Technologies (Backup Exec, etc.);
- VoIP Telephony;
- Mac Support Experience;
- Formal IT qualification (HND / Degree / Other).
- Driving License (Required)
- Good communication Skills, must be able to communicate with customers, suppliers and staff at all levels.
Type – Permanent, Full Time
Salary – Competitive – plus a commission for work completed.
Benefits – Healthcare and Pension
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
- Server: 1 year (Preferred)
- Networking: 1 year (Preferred)
If this sounds of interest, please email your CV for immediate consideration.
- on June 19, 2019