Windows SharePoint Services provide a secure, scalable, enterprise-level portal environment for team collaboration.
Because it aggregates and organizes information in one place, users can find relevant information quickly and efficiently. Using the internet and regardless of their location, all team members have password-protected access to SharePoint sites and can work together on tasks, projects, documents, and announcements. Site managers can coordinate site content and user activity.
How it Works
Sites use Web Parts and Windows ASP.NET-based components. Site administrators and users can easily add them to Web pages and configure them to suit their needs. Ready-to-use Web Parts provide a solid foundation for out-of-the box functionality. However, administrators can easily design, deploy, and administer the environment and support application development.
With ASP-One SharePoint Hosting, small and medium size businesses can benefit from the same extensive functionality of Windows SharePoint Services previously reserved for large enterprises. For a low, fixed, predictable per user monthly fee, you can reap the benefits of collaboration in an enterprise-class infrastructure with guaranteed service levels. You receive maximum security, redundancy, performance capability, and skilled staff to manage the infrastructure.
Unified Access To Information
Unified access to information provides team members with an integrated portal that improves collaboration and decision-making capabilities.
Instant notification via subscribed alerts
Instant notification via subscribed alerts automatically notifies users of page and document changes.
Integrates with Microsoft Office
Integration with standard Microsoft Office applications simplifies site and document editing.
- Integrate information from multiple applications and databases, including third party and industry-specific systems.
- Download Web Parts from Microsoft or develop your own using Microsoft Visual Studio®.NET and FrontPage®.
- Employ Web Parts reusable components to fashion the functionality of your Web site without the need for coding.
- Deliver content, applications, and Web services based on user role, hierarchy, e-mail distribution lists, or other criteria.
- Personal and public views of documents, information, and applications increase usability.
- Aggregate, organise, and provision SharePoint sites to collaborate with coworkers, customers, and partners.
- Standardise use of templates to provision best-practice SharePoint sites.
- Using familiar document collaboration tools, version control eliminates e-mail problems.