What is Hosted Desktop?
A Hosted Desktop, much like the name suggests, is a virtual desktop that is hosted in the cloud. In essence as Hosted Desktop stores your operating system, applications and your documents which can be accessed over the internet on any device. To the User, a hosted virtual desktop looks no different to a traditional physical desktop. The difference lies in where the Data and Apps are stored. Whilst a physical desktop accesses and stores your data on the actual device, a Hosted Desktop stores everything on a secure server.
What are the benefits?
- Access your Data, anywhere from any device
- You can move to new locations with ease, make branch offices and hold meetings at any location with an internet connection.
- Lower operational costs
- As you will be able to access the same desktop from any device, the need for purchasing hardware for each user is removed. As a result, less energy is used as no heavy desktops need to be powered in order for users to access their data.
- Regular Backups and Security for your Data
- The Service is highly encrypted with Regular backups to enterprise level data centres, ensuring your data is well protected from data loss or malicious viruses.
- Users can be added and removed with ease, giving you infinite flexibility.
- Hassle Free Updates
- No need to worry about checking if your system is up-to-date with the latest patches and features. With a Hosted Desktop this is all managed for you, relieving you and your team of the task.
One Accounting firm had issues with their previous setup because as they were adding more users and as the business was growing the hardware was becoming slower and slower. Eventually when they had to consider renewing one of their servers they looked into Hosted Desktop.
By moving to Hosted Desktop with integrated IT support, the staff were able to get on with their work, rather than wasting valuable time trying to fix IT issues.
All work that was stored can be picked up straight away in another location and they didn’t have to worry about software updates, meaning the business focus was always on their customers, all of the time.
Put simply, we work to provide you with the highest quality service so that you can access your data anytime, anywhere and on any device.
To find out more please email/phone our sales team:
0207 993 3100
- on August 13, 2019